Pretend like you care.
- Bought Tanner a jeep. He sold his old Bonneville (aka Bonnie) to help pay for it. buying a good used car is hard - cash for clunkers made decent used cars more of a commodity. I have several car shopping stories, few of them are good. Most of them blew up my blood pressure. I'll share only one - we walked out on a car salesman before he ever showed us anything because he was being a typical used car
douchebagsalesman. I told him that car salesman apparently weren't hungry enough.
Which brings us to story #2. We were looking at a used private purchase car, and on the way back, Tanner said "go to XXX car dealership and we'll talk to them." I accidentally pulled into the wrong car lot. The salesman did something that most don't seem to do anymore. As we were driving through, he came out the door. I decided since he was making an effort, I would stop and talk to him. That's when he showed us this:
3 hours later, we drove it home.
- I have the entire month of September with no weddings, so using the month to edit all the things I have in the queue. It feels kind of nice having some time off. I think I'm somewhere around 12-14 weddings in this year. I've lost count. Next year will probably be crazier. I already am 1/2 way to goal and 1/3 of the way to my max.
- The roof on the house is about 87% done. It got rained on 1/2 done. Gene wasn't happy, neither was I. Neither of us really planned ahead all that well. We r smartz. I plan on getting decking FINISHED in September.
- Sometime in September we have to get prepared to pour like 4000 gallons of concrete. (no idea if it's 4000 gallons). The studio/garage just keeps getting bigger and bigger. It's scary. It's now going to be 30x40 two story barn. Studio/Loft will have more square footage than my HOUSE. I still feel sometimes like it's not enough. *crazy look* If things go as planned, I might be hiring part-time help next year.
- Gene and I are starting a new business. My ultimate goal is to get him out of glass. Basically, it's a website/blog. I'll explain more when we get closer, but needless to say, we're excited about the prospects.
- When we were gone to Colorado, Tanner switched the guest bed with his bed. He has a bad back (poor kid - starting early), so we thought that'd help. In the process he decided to paint his room because it needed freshened up. I realized that his old bed was WAY too big for the guest room. So, we have sold it and we'll be gutting the guest room and just adding a twin bed since we rarely have more than one person here visiting, and most of the time, that's just a little one.
- Gene doesn't know it yet, but I've decided to build a floor to ceiling shoe rack in our closet. He might just come home and it'll be done. I haven't decided yet. ;) I am tired of seeing shoes everywhere is what I know for sure. I think I'd actually wear them more, if I could see them. Now, if I can just keep him from hanging hats and shoving crap into it (good luck) then I'll be happy.
- I purposely left Labor Day weekend open so we could so something if we wanted to. I have zero plans. I'm not exactly sure what to do with myself.
Now don't you wish you hadn't said "what have you been up to?"