Monday, April 28, 2008

while I'm thinking of it...

Working on some wedding stuff and realized that I'd never shared the local that we're getting married. Many of you have seen it, but my KC folks (and them canuks) never have..



I don't have a picture of the full lodge but you can see a small pic of it HERE This place brings back some fond memories as a kid. It used to be the building that you entered to go swim at the lake, and take showers there, rent swimming stuff (inner tubes). Grandma would take us in the summer when my cousins came to visit. They renovated into a shelter and kitchen/lodge. It's small (inside) but I've always thought this was the prettiest lake around.

I also wanted to share this website www.bedford-iowa.com with you all. It has some really neat information about Bedford and the area. Things to do, historic stuff, calendar of events. That morning (4th) there'll be a pancake breakfast and a parade at 10 a.m. if you'd like to come early. I'm trying to find out more details for you, but since no one believes in call waiting up there I guess, everyone's phone has been busy for 1/2 hour.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails