Monday, January 18, 2010

My other new ride!

01-15-scooter



  • Don't ya love my other new ride? Ain't it cute!? I picked it up at the antique store a couple weeks ago, I am dying for warmer weather, and a couple to put it on, or a kid, or me. No, I don't still have my tree up! I took this moments before we took it down a couple weeks ago. I have to admit, there was a little "excited" feeling seeing a "brand new scooter" under the tree. Brought me back to when I was around 5 and got my brand new wagon!

  • It's going to be a super busy week. We have a bridal fair this weekend. If you are in the area, you should go to the Bridal Fair this Sunday at the Ramada Inn in St. Joseph, Mo. Doors open at 1 p.m. and there is a fashion show at 3:00 p.m.

  • Another bridal fair coming up is in Lenox, Iowa at Rockin' Rollers Salon on Main Street. Saturday, February 6. Smaller venue, but much more close and personal with your vendors. If you need more details, please contact Rockin' Rollers.

  • I'm working away at this weight loss thing. I haven't given up yet, and every day I feel a little better about it, and a little more determined. If I can make it a month, I feel like that's an accomlishment right there! It's been about 5 years since I've really been able to stick with anything on a consistant basis. Right now, I'm doing weight watchers (at home), tracking my points and not exercising a lick. I will tho, I just wanted to drop a few pounds first and then get going. Plus, it's so hard to excercise out here. Walking is unbearably boring as you can walk 2 miles, and STILL see your our house. I'm going to investigate some dance/exercise videos I've seen advertised, since dance is one of the few exercises I really enjoy. Oh, for the record, I'm at 6.5 pounds since Jan 4. Weigh-ins on Monday mornings. Goal is 1.25 pounds a week. I'll be happy with ANY loss tho :)

  • Did a lot of reorganization here over the weekend. Wow.. that was really not fun! We got rid of our entertainment center and moved the buffet to the living room as our entertainment center. It's eventual use is going to be the bathroom vanity when we get to our bathroom remodel in 263 years! But for now, it holds up the TV. Where the buffet was in our dining room, we bought 9.5 feet of cabinets. Why yes, I AM addicted to cabinets, why do you ask? :p Right now they are just sitting there, and everyone already likes them. It's soooo nice seeing 9 feet of "counter" space. Eventually it will be installed, stained a beautiful maple color, black granite top (to match our island) and then over that will be book cases to the ceiling, and in the very center, a small "bar" type area with a mirror and glass shelves. Oh, and a lock because I have a teenager.

  • OK, must work! Dilly dallied too much! Diet coke is my friend!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails