Saturday, October 6, 2007

a whole month

It's been a month since I posted! I'm at work so no pictures to share at the moment. I felt so guilty when I saw that, I decided to post an update. I will try to post some more pics tomorrow.

House update:
It sucked.
I hate moving. nuff said.

Floors got done just in time for them to cure before we moved in. Personally, they need at least 2 more coats of urethane. There are several dry spots. I might move furniture and do a few rows at a time. Just to make me happy. Not at the moment tho, I"m still recovering from moving.

Had our garage sale. Mom came down every day for 3/4 days straight. I don't think I could have gotten it done without her. I tend to be a bit ADD when I'm overwhelmed and finally we decided that I'd price and she'd arrange. She didn't do it how I would do it and I decided that THAT WAS OK! Don't get yourself worked up over the small stuff when there's big stuff left to do! We borrowed mom/dad's truck for about a week, (don't tell dad, he doesn't know!) and without that, I don't think we could have made it! THANKS MOM!!!

Speaking of Mom, it was fun spending time with her. With work and her being 45 min north, I don't get to see them much. Well, now I guess it's only about 35 min north with me moving out of town.

Unpacking has been *so-so* I kinda like unpacking, but this time I'm a bit paralized because:
a.) not all the rooms are done so I don't know where to put some things
b.) even tho the living area is larger, I technically have less space because of no basement so it's hard to think of where to put stuff.
c.) My scrapbook room got switch. Since seth spends most of his time at his dad's, I decided it was more fair I got the larger room for crafts. So the 3 bedrooms/scraproom has to be all finished then rearranged.
d.) I'm nervous about poking holes in walls I spent hours working on making sure the holes/cracks/texture/paint were perfect.
e.) I can't decide which wall what should go on.

MOM! LOL.
I should just let her do it.

I got an AWESOME new stainless steel stove with some of our garage sale $$. It's beautiful and gonna look awesome once we get all new stainless in the kitchen with all the black cabinets / granite tops.

I had a theory, and I was right.

World famous scrapbooker heidi swapp moved herself, husband, household and five VERY BLONDE children to China to help support her husband's business. It just so happened they all moved to china the same weekend I moved 3 miles north of town. I predicted she would have an easier move than me. She's now been shopping, church, set up house, even been to ikea and bought some cute black and white dishes to set up house.

I on the other hand, dug through a cardboard box for underwear this morning.
TRUE STORY.

Heidi.... you suck.
(in the I'm jealous sorta way)


In other news...

About 3 weeks ago I took all of my niece, Laicey's, senior pictures. She came up and spent the night with me and we hauled butt and took about 175 pictures. I'd say 60 are really good and the rest. pretty good. Very few were deletable. I spent 2 days editing, but in the move, I haven't had time to finish. I"m going to work on that this weekend and post a couple here, so at least SHE can see!

Next weekend I have my first paid wedding. Amy was one of Amber's (sister) bridesmaids, and she is a real sweetheart! I have her a "you know my sister" discount, and I'm trying to build my portfolio up. I'm really looking forward to doing some sessions with people I don't know as well (personally). She seems really low-key / whatever goes, and I dig that. I will get her permission to post some photos here.

Next Sunday, there is a bridal fair in Maryville. I wish I had a booth! I didn't know who to contact but saw the advertisment in the paper, so I think I"m going to go and check out whats there, the competition and talk to the promoters about getting in next time. I have no idea if it's big or only 4 booths. But it's only 2 hours. That part's not all that impressive. I also just remembered that the BPW craft show is at the same time same location. That might be interesting.

In the month I've not posted, I've thought of 800 things I wanted to share with you guys, but that's all I can think of at the moment. I"m going to get back into the swing of things. I'm happy about that, so expect to see more from me! I promise!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails