Sunday, December 2, 2012

Signs, signs everywhere there's signs

If you've been following along, you know that our world has been turned kind of upside down by the lost of a job and the start of a new business in the past few months.
 
Things are going well, and we are making headway.  For starters, the decals for the truck are finally done.  This was a *really big deal* to Gene.  We tried to buy them on the internet, but a few days after we finally ordered, they were underwater on the east coast due to Hurricane Sandy.
 
Some investigating, and we found Eye candy Graphics.  Local, fast and installed by them, FOR LESS MONEY.  Note to self: check local more often.
 
 Apparently this was a bigger deal to Gene than I thought it was!  He's been happy for days that his big bad truck is advertising him all over 4 states now.


In other news, this was my view for half the day on Friday:




 I looked out my window to see that, while inside, I was doing this:


 Yep, painted my own sign too!  Not that we don't have some kick ass sign people in the area, but because I really am trying to save money.  Plus I've done it before and kind of had an idea of what I wanted done. 

At one time, I had this crazy Idea I'd be a sign painter.
Wow am I glad I didn't do that.  I start getting squirrelly somewhere around the 3rd coat of paint.

Very very carefully, we lifted the sign into place and Gene secured it to the wall (in lots of places!)  Drilling into brick is not fun, and he had to wear hearing protection even.

But....

It's done!




We're officially official!

BTW, it says "and Gallery" because when we finally get everything settled, I'll be painting in this space also and will probably share some of my artwork there that people can stop in and buy if they like.  Or just browse.  Or stop in and chit chat.  Or annoy me... whatever your pleasure. :)

Hopefully within the next few months it will get even better.  We have a couple exciting things up our sleeves and I'll share as we go.  Have to keep them secret for a while first though!

I promise that sometime soon this blog will go back to being a blog about something besides a storefront.

Pinky swear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails