Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cleaning tip #124 - How to empty a closet in less than 3 minutes

Remember how I told you I was going to reduce the clutter in my life?  Well, I think I told you that anyway. 
 
I'm overwhelmed and want some things just to go AWAY.  It's been almost overwhelming with junk and I've suddenly lost my sentimentality over pretty much everything (except my painting stuff and photos.  That's it.)
 
Well, I found a way yesterday to make that process go a lot faster.
 
 
Just let a pipe attached to your water heater (that's in your master closet) burst.  Fortunately (and you rarely say fortunately when you're talking about plumbing) I just so happened to be sitting about 4 feet away on the other side of the wall when it happened. 
 
Also fortunately Gene was there.
 
FORTUNATELY, we were there at all.
 
A plumbing "fix" that Gene did 6 years ago, really wasn't a permanent solution, but we'd treated it as such and in return, gallons and gallons of water gushed into our closet.

Gene ran to the water main to shut it off.  Tanner and I started bailing crap out of the closet and scampering for towels and then we started cleaning up.  It really wasn't too bad, but in the process I turned and looked at the pile of crap on my bed and really just wondered what the hell it all was.  I kinda wanted to just push it all into a pile and flick a match.  Some things I hadn't used or touched in 5 years.

So there you go, that's the fastest way to clean out your closet.  

I vow only 25% of it is going back in.

Someone cover me.

PS.  No I do not have clover in my closet.  It is, however, symbolic of how I felt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails