Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Quick, cheap and easy jumbled cord fix!

I once heard a saying, that things can be quick, cheap or easy, pick 2 of those, but never 3. So if someone had something that's cheap and easy, it won't be quick.

Finally, I found something that is all three!

I was having a personal crisis of sorts. I hate lots of cords laying around. Not only is it visually unappealing, it's just makes everything look dirty and annoying, it probably wasn't very safe either.. It got to be a problem with too many things sitting at this one outlet in the corner of my kitchen. Gene's charger for his drill would be out, there would be a phone or 2, then throw the house phone into the mix and it was a mess.

09-06-cords1


One day I said "I wish I had something to hide all these cords" as I turned my head to the left. I'd bought this little canister at a garage sale months before because it was so darn cute. I had no idea what to use it for, but I was thinking maybe a plant.

It worked perfect! Just stick all the cords in when not in use and put the lid on gently (don't squish the cords!) Cost? 50 cents! I probably could have done it even cheaper if I'd just looked for something I already had (but isn't that kind of what I did?)


09-06-cords2

Instantly clean.
Ahhhh.... Oh, and now I see I need to do some touch up paint in that spot.

crap.

1 comment:

Pitterle Postings said...

Love the idea! My husband uses zip ties, but I think this is even better.

Related Posts with Thumbnails