Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The strangest hummingbird I've ever seen

05-29-hummingmoth

A couple evenings ago, I was coming in the back door and something flitting around caught my eye.  It was a hummingbird!

But... wait.

That's the strangest "hummingbird" I've ever seen in my whole life.  I was mesmerized by how different it looked, and also how it didn't seem to be scared of me like most other hummingbirds seemed to be.

I ran to get my camera and get a couple shots.  Watching it closely, that's when I realized it wasn't a hummingbird after all - it was a hummingbird MOTH.  Quite possibly one of the more stranger creatures I've ever experienced.

Well, besides my husband.

3 comments:

LisaDay said...

Wow. A hummingbird moth. I have never heard of such a thing. Cool.

LisaDay

Misty said...

i have never heard of such a creature!!!! all the same though, great shot!

Lee Ann L. said...

They're beautiful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails