Friday, May 13, 2011

So very tweet - Robin Watch 2011

It's that time of year again!


05-12-nest1


05-12-nest2


I've followed the baby robins that are born at our house for several years now, and this year, the robins have had ENOUGH, and moved their nest. It's no longer on the power box, on the light pole. Nope.


I'm a little offended here.


The nest full of eggs is now about 20 feet away in the apple tree that makes no apples.


05-12-nest3


I'm still getting cussed out though. oops. Sorry guys. I promise this year not to bother you every single day.

Just every third day. ;)

Don't you just love it when you're trying to give birth and your mother-in-law won't stop coming into your room? Yeah, I think they think of me a little like that.

{I will say that I'm excited to see that it's definitely the same male robin. He has a scar on his chest that is a big identifier.}

NOTE: My mother-in-law has never seen me give birth because that would be impossible considering she didn't know me then, and also, I'm sure she wouldn't want the bejesus scared out of her.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

It is a tad to early here for the baby robins. But I too look forward to them coming. But I can only check on them on the weekends at our camp :(
Last weekend I noticed the nest in the same place though :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails