Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Busy as bees

Time for another porch update already?

Yep!


Let's just say a lot of things happened over the weekend.  We hired a small crew (and Tanner) to come out and help us do the hard stuff.  I can NOT go on the roof.  I'm scared of heights, and ladders, and about barf when I'm in the sun too long.

So pretty much, I'd be air lifted off my roof. 

I think that'd break into my budget a bit.

Anyway, you can see the progress below, and see that we made some good headway.  You can really get an idea of how it might look when it's done now!

08-22-house1
Plywood makes for great shade!


08-22-house2
Shingles heaved up there.  I didn't have to do that.  *happy face*


08-22-house3
Doing something uninteresting in pretty sunflare.


08-22-house4
Tanner is excited (lie) about roofing.  A skill that will put him through college!


08-22-house5
Tired boys!


08-22-house7
Look at that!  Porch roof is covered, has tar paper, drip rails and is almost ready for shingles.  Back side is completely shingled.  I did a lot of decking (around 25% of the length.  It's VERY LONG).

Lots left to do, but I'm already thinking about my porch swing and breakfast on the porch.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails