Monday, August 13, 2012

Cool treats - happy memories

frosty-sm

I have a lot of happy memories at this little ice cream shop from my childhood.  I can remember making special trips there with my grandma in the summer.  An occasional special treat, sometimes going with friends after school and a few times our bus driver even let us stop on the last day of school (free small cones).

Every special little person in my life gets to make a trip here with me at least once, because I want them to see how awesome it is too.

So when we took Bailey for ice cream a couple weekends ago, I decided that it would be a fun place to paint!  I snapped a few reference photos and set out to create a painting to be proud of....
and I am!

This is the modern day version of the ice cream shop with a 1954 Chevy truck in front.  I picked this because it was first opened in 1954.  Even the license plate is appropriate for the county in that year!

I'm really happy with how it turned out, and this is something I'm going to keep for myself.

Not that I have a singular wall available to hang it on.
LOL

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails