Decided it would be easiest just to give you the readers digest version of the trip to CO.
- We drove. It seemed like a longer drive than ever. Contiental drift?
- Lots of failed attempts at antique shopping. Took us into parts we were scared we wouldn't come out of.
- I had a really bad day one day. I kind of was a PITA. I was hell bent on staying in Estes Park at least one day. When I booked the hotel, I didn't see "Loveland" as the address. We didn't even have a view of the mountains. *insert unhappy face*. Add that to rain every farking day and it was a recipe for disaster.
- This is the same day that we decided to walk across town to ride the tram (fun but kinda of cheesy). It was only "a couple blocks".
- It was not.
- I was wearing flip flops.
- Gene left me at a tackle store... in the rain... to go get the car because my flip flop was rubbing my foot badly. Really stupid move. I had no money, no purse, my cell phone was dead, holding a really expensive camera and I was in a town by myself I didn't know anyone. I r smartz.
- When he got back about 1/2 hour later I went to get in the car, the seat would work. Yep, passenger seat broke and would only stay in the laying back position.
- I was unhappy. *dark picture*
- Make up.
- Spent the next morning in the parking lot of an upholstry repair place (they were great!) as they tried to fix it. Come to find out, it was a part that we didn't even need, that broke loose and was jamming up the seat. $65 later, and all it was was a piece of garbage stuck up in there.
- Jeeps are sometimes a PITA too.
- We fed the chipmunks. It's my happy place - but we did it in the rain.
- Followed around a female elk. Bogged up traffic and Gene got mad when someone honked at him.
- Stayed in the coolest hotel with huge photographic murals everywhere.
- I now want a huge photo mural in my bedroom. So gonna do that.
- Ate the most expensive meal of my entire life at this hotel (dang I need to remember the name of it!)
- Gene and I stopped at the house he used to live at in Aurora. His son Michael was born shortly after they moved from there.
- The windmill fields are another of my happy places.
- I don't know why.
On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the trip a solid 4. Sorry Colorado. I've had better times there, but we did see some pretty things.
Next trip will be much better planned and for happier reasons.