Sunday, July 1, 2007

July already?



I didn't mention, but ... I bought a house! It's been a long process, most of which would have been me complaining if I'd have started this blog earlier.

Essentially, we found a great deal, thanks to Torrie and Darrell on a HUD repo. It's a Manufactured home on 2 acres in the country, just north of Maryville. 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, and needs tons of TLC but it has soo much potential.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it improve - even if just a little at at time. The person that put this on the property, was just looking to save money, have a place to live and was not thinking about the "value" of the home, so there is a lot of improvements that need to be done.

Yesterday we removed all the popcorn ceilings from the kitchen, dining room and living room. Not a terribly hard job, but very messy. Wet "popcorn" sounds like a soft rain when it hits the floor LOL. We also ripped out all the carpet in the same said rooms - they will be replaced with new wood flooring - or laminate, we've not decided yet.

Not a lot of pictures to share this week, but love this pic of Gene after we are done for the day. He's covered in dust. Tanner is helping rip down all the trim between each "panel" of drywall/wallpaper CRAP.

I'm still editing Amber's wedding photos, I intend to be done by this weekend so I'll probably post a few more favorites as I go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails