Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fireworks Day

07-04-anniversary

Genesis:

18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

19 Now the Lord God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals.

But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man. ”

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.


****

Four years ago today, those words were spoken at my wedding.  A bible verse picked by Gene.

I married the best friend I've ever had in my entire life.  I always thought that idea was kind of silly, but now I understand completely.   I hope you are lucky enough to be married to YOUR best friend.  If he (she) is not your best friend, I hope you are working at making that happen.  It's rewarding.

To celebrate today, we attempted to work on the deck, which was very hard considering it was 100 degrees still at around 7 p.m.    Oh, and some of our lumber is effed up, so we gave up and called it a day.

However, we did go eat pizza, lay on a blanket and watch fireworks.  Over all, I'd call it a good day.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails