Monday, November 12, 2012

Life by bullet points

  • Had my first show ever.  It ended up being lots of gifty type stuff, and a bit of art.  Not exactly what I was expecting, but I still did pretty good.    Good thing, because my days were off by one and if it hadn't been for my sister pointing it out on a facebook post, I would have showed up an entire day late.  Man, would Gene have been pissed.

    And me.
 
  • I sold quite a bit of stuff.  Figured out people want prints and notecards, not originals.  Great, because I can sit on my butt and watch the printer make prints and notecards.  Sweet.

    Yep, that pic has a blurred out section.  There's a couple christmas gifts hanging up there that I don't want ppl to potentially see!
  • Was so busy for a week trying to get ready that my house was a disaster.  It's slightly better now, which means it's back to its usual self.
  • Tanner marched in his last parade.  I may or may not have been tearing up when I took this picture.  Probably not... but maybe.

    I think it's when I saw him giving hand signals to the other kids made me realize how he's gone from just a little kid, to a young man who's a leader and role model to the younger kids.

    I might have sniffled all afternoon when I thought about it... maybe even now.
    or not.



  • I'm behind on editing, but catching up.  Mornings spent editing, daytimes working at getting the shop/studio/office ready, evenings spent editing and drinking copious amounts of wine.
  • My eldest critter turned 23.
    Twenty.
    Three.

    That was a hell of a feat considering I'm 28.  Let me tell you what.
  • Voted!  Tan voted for the first time ever.  Pretty damn proud I raised a couple of good conservative young men.  That doesn't happen very often - when I was his age I was a liberal. 

    Things didn't turn out how we'd hoped, but we'll cross our fingers for the best outcome.  I try not to be political here, so I'll leave it at that.
 
  • I was so busy last week, I forgot to brush my teeth a couple times.  I made up for it and brushed my teeth double the next couple days.  That counts right?
  • The shop is looking pretty kick ass.  I think I finally have Gene on the same page with me, that it will be both a glass shop and photography office. (Studio down the road is the plan).  I pretty much told him that I was going to decorate it how I wanted and he responded "I don't care if it's pink and fluffy as long as we have an office."
    End.
    Quote.

    So why is he dragging his feet on the dancing flamingos and the teddy bear collection?  Sheesh.
  •  


  • This is our new door for the bay.  It's been closed up for years, now we have another door to slam when we get mad at each other... which is NEVER.

    Uh. huh.
  • Boo kitty keeps taking off.  Is it high season already?  He'll disappear just long enough for me to freak out and worry that the coyotes that pass here every night at 10 p.m. ate him for dinner.

    Kinda contemplating letting him keep his nether giblets since they seem to keep him pretty scrappy.
  • Had to get internet at the office, because I'm sure as HELL not sitting there all day long looking pensively out the window.  Holy cow, I should have told them I was living there, business internet is really expensive.  Oh, and now, I have a phone line I don't need.  If only I'd known, I'd wouldn't have gotten the extra cell phone line.  Le Sigh.
  • Thanksgiving and Christmas should be a bumpy ride this year.  That's all I got to say about that.
  • Except my MIL - we're going black friday shopping.  Gonna show her how it's done.  Put on your walkin' shoes Carol.  Oh, and do some warm up stretches.  When all else fails, throw elbows. Use a wide stance for better balance.

    now go!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails