Saturday, April 9, 2011

The big wooden monstrosity

04-09-cabinet

This is what has consumed about 10 weekends so far. Most of those weekends spread out over a year to be fair. The past 2-3 spent looking at. this. thing.

If you can't tell what it is, it's a book case, with cabinet storage and a bar area in the center. Kind of like a buffet in my dining room. It'll be cool if I ever have a big family dinner.

I guess I just need to find a big family!

So anyway, this was how it looked last weekend, but a few days this week Gene and I have worked on it a bit, and now we are very close to being done.
---->this close<----
and we have family coming around Easter.

Like... no pressure or anything.

Just a few things left like some varnishing (somehow my job), all the cabinet pulls put on, some edge trimming, a big mirror, some adjustable shelves and a little installation.

Oh, and the compound miter corner that I've been thinking about/dreading for Umm... a YEAR NOW. On trim. Trim that will cost around $30 a board. So don't screw it up!

I want my mommy... hold me.

More pictures Sunday, I hope.. if it's done and I haven't burnt down my house in protest!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails