Monday, December 19, 2011

12 days of Better Christmas Photography - revisited

{Christmas circa 2010}

Today my mother and father in law came to visit and have a bit of a "Christmas".  It was just them, Gene, Tanner and I, so it wasn't a big to-do.

Last night, at 1 a.m., I finished the last touches on the Christmas tree.   Yep, I'm just not all that much ready for Christmas.  Frankly I don't have one gift wrapped, no lights on my house and I settled for 1/2 of the decorations this year (what fit in the Jeep, made it).

I think this is the part where I'm supposed to say "Bah Humbug".
The truth is, I don't want to be that way.  This year has been exceptionally trying to say the least, so I've been going out of my way to find things to put me in the holiday spirit.  Giving a little more, sending a secret gift, sending piles of cards, etc.

Last year, I wrote the 12 days of better Christmas photography and I thought I should share it again with you this year.  No time to rewrite it all, but worth a second read.  Hopefully it will make your Christmas photos a little more enjoyable.  I promise to take my camera out a couple times this Christmas!

Day 1 - Get closer
Day 2 - Photographing Christmas lights
Day 3 - 25 things to shoot at Christmas time
Day 4 - Be Prepared
Day 5 - Better Photos indoors
Day 6 - Shooting snow
Day 7 - Shaped Bokeh
Day 8 - Get a real camera
Day 9 - Custom white balance
Day 10 - Group shots
Day 11 - Before and After
Day 12 - Put down the camera

4 comments:

Jill said...

VERY neat picture!!!!!

Also, I'm still not sure about this whole pinterest thing, but I pinned the guitar picture and then somebody repinned it (I don't know how or why) & hopefully that's okay with you. I think since it links back to your site, that's okay, right?

Mz-Cellaneous said...

No, that's totally cool Jill. Pintrest is about sharing! Thank you for repinning.

Jill said...

People really seem to like it! I mean, it's only the third thing I have ever pinned but it has 3 "likes" and 5 "repins". So that has to be good, right?

LisaDay said...

I hope the Christmas spirit finds you. Gingerbread cookies. My advice is a hot chocolate with gingerbread cookies and a good Christmas movie.

LisaDay

Related Posts with Thumbnails