Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A message to the future

01-2-sunset

It seems appropriate that this is the last photo that I took in 2011. The sun sets on 2011.

Dear 2011,

I'm kind of sad to see you go, but at the same time, I'm not.  Onward and upward!    You were incredibly good to me in some respects, and in others I'd really like to kick in in the junk. 

Over all, you were mostly kind and thought provoking.  You made me happy and appreciative.  You reminded me of what's most important and inspired me to make more of my life.  So enough though a couple times I wanted to break up with you, I have decided that I'll keep you and claim you forever.

Love,
Lana


****


Dear 2012,

I have high hopes for you.  You're barely here already and I know you'll have much to get accomplished in your 365 days left (it's a leap year).  Being fresh and new always leaves you with excitement of the possibilities of the new year, and this one is no different.

I expect you to be kind, but not too mansy-pansy.  I expect you to be profitable but not gluttonous.   I expect you to be strong but not too hard.  I expect you to be creative and not too small-minded.  I expect you to be righteous but not pompous. And I hope for you to be happy, with no expectations at all on what route that will take to get there, because at the end of the day, the journey is half the fun.

Love,
Lana

2 comments:

Pam said...

I love your letters to 2011 and 2012. I especially love your picture of the sky. So tranquil!

LisaDay said...

Happy New Year.

LisaDay

Related Posts with Thumbnails