Not ME MAN! I'm relentless.
When I was 14 I was an embarassingly huge fan of Michael Jackson. Ugly huge. Slap yo mamma huge. That also happened to be the summer of his Victory Tour that launched in all places, none other than Kansas City. Just a couple hours from my home.
It was hard to get tickets. First, you had to buy a newspaper that ran the slip to fill out and send in. It was difficult as we didn't get the KC Star in our area. Luckily, the Omaha paper ran it the next day. We sent in our money - which had to be in blocks of 4, and THEN it was a lotto system. We actually GOT TICKETS. The day I opened the mailbox and saw that envelope I was on cloud nine.
It was about a month until the concert, which might as well have been 30 years instead of 30 days. It was the summertime, so to kill time from all my anticipation - I cleaned. Yep, cleaned like a crazy child - without my mom asking. She was pretty much in heaven. Somehow this seemed to make time move a little faster, and it wasn't long until the concert of a lifetime came and went.
The cleaning came to a crashing halt. Sorry mom.
Well, today I waited again and something exciting finally came.
It's my SITS DAY!
Sits day it's my sits day, gonna be my sits day (I'm singing btw. uncover your ears).
What does this have to do with MJ?
Nuthing. Except to point out that I have stamina and drive to the levels of annoying those I love. :)
What is SITS? Well, it's a group of thousands of bloggers that got together and vow to encourage each other through commenting. I've found lots of cool blogs this way! "The secret is in the support". Every day, a new blogger is featured on the website and you have many, many new visitors. About a year ago (or longer), I got in line, never giving up hope that I'd make it to the front of the line. Imagine, I could have been at least 400 deep and finally made it :)
So anyway, let me tell you about myself!
I've been blogging since 2007. I started this blog as a way to encourage myself to become a professional photographer - which actually happened. After a while I realized I was doing a lot of talking about myself, and not enough about photography, so I split the blog into 2 and kept chatting it up here.
3 years ago, I married my tall and handsome part-time cowboy (he slings glass to make real money). He's pretty much the guy of my dreams - about 98% of the time. The other 2% of the time I want to bury him in the back yard.
I'm the mom of 2 boys, who aren't really "boys" any more, 19 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rats and a goldfish, oh and I'm a photographer.
I love home improvements (most of the time) and document all of the decorating and home improvement projects here. I'm launching a whole new series on Trash to Treasure, well, tomorrow! (pretty excited about that)
Sometimes I pretend like I can cook and document it here.
But mainly I share stories of my life before and after chickens, funny things that happened, deep thoughts that I'm thinking that day, but mostly just smart aleck commentary. I like to ponder life over the clothesline here in small sky country (which is just like big sky country, um, only smaller. duh).
If you'd like to read more about me, and see my favorite posts of all time, you can visit my profile here.
I hope you enjoy your stay! Please follow our blog, I'd love to reach my goal of 250 by the end of the day! You guys rock!
oh yeah.. and MJ does too.. still.