Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I can wait, can you?

Did you ever wait so long for something, that you almost gave up hope?

Not ME MAN! I'm relentless.

When I was 14 I was an embarassingly huge fan of Michael Jackson. Ugly huge. Slap yo mamma huge. That also happened to be the summer of his Victory Tour that launched in all places, none other than Kansas City. Just a couple hours from my home.

It was hard to get tickets. First, you had to buy a newspaper that ran the slip to fill out and send in. It was difficult as we didn't get the KC Star in our area. Luckily, the Omaha paper ran it the next day. We sent in our money - which had to be in blocks of 4, and THEN it was a lotto system. We actually GOT TICKETS. The day I opened the mailbox and saw that envelope I was on cloud nine.

It was about a month until the concert, which might as well have been 30 years instead of 30 days. It was the summertime, so to kill time from all my anticipation - I cleaned. Yep, cleaned like a crazy child - without my mom asking. She was pretty much in heaven. Somehow this seemed to make time move a little faster, and it wasn't long until the concert of a lifetime came and went.

The cleaning came to a crashing halt. Sorry mom.






Well, today I waited again and something exciting finally came.


It's my SITS DAY!
Sits day it's my sits day, gonna be my sits day (I'm singing btw. uncover your ears).


What does this have to do with MJ?
Nuthing. Except to point out that I have stamina and drive to the levels of annoying those I love. :)


What is SITS? Well, it's a group of thousands of bloggers that got together and vow to encourage each other through commenting. I've found lots of cool blogs this way! "The secret is in the support". Every day, a new blogger is featured on the website and you have many, many new visitors. About a year ago (or longer), I got in line, never giving up hope that I'd make it to the front of the line. Imagine, I could have been at least 400 deep and finally made it :)


So anyway, let me tell you about myself!


I've been blogging since 2007. I started this blog as a way to encourage myself to become a professional photographer - which actually happened. After a while I realized I was doing a lot of talking about myself, and not enough about photography, so I split the blog into 2 and kept chatting it up here.


3 years ago, I married my tall and handsome part-time cowboy (he slings glass to make real money). He's pretty much the guy of my dreams - about 98% of the time. The other 2% of the time I want to bury him in the back yard.


Oh love.


I'm the mom of 2 boys, who aren't really "boys" any more, 19 chickens, 2 cats, 2 rats and a goldfish, oh and I'm a photographer.


We talk about photography of course, and well... chickens. I'm a crazy chicken lady. This is my pretend ranch on a sprawling 2 acres where I don't wrangle cattle, I wrangle chickens.



05-21-chickens6


I love home improvements (most of the time) and document all of the decorating and home improvement projects here. I'm launching a whole new series on Trash to Treasure, well, tomorrow! (pretty excited about that)


Sometimes I pretend like I can cook and document it here.


But mainly I share stories of my life before and after chickens, funny things that happened, deep thoughts that I'm thinking that day, but mostly just smart aleck commentary. I like to ponder life over the clothesline here in small sky country (which is just like big sky country, um, only smaller. duh).


If you'd like to read more about me, and see my favorite posts of all time, you can visit my profile here.


I hope you enjoy your stay! Please follow our blog, I'd love to reach my goal of 250 by the end of the day! You guys rock!


oh yeah.. and MJ does too.. still.

38 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy SITS day! Love the blog. Will definitely be back to visit!

Amanda said...

Happy SITS day! I love you chickens - they're so funny.

Amy @ BabyBabyLemon said...

Happy SITS Day!

Carina Schoen said...

Happy SITS day! I was and still am a huge fan of MJ, so I can relate. I never got to see him in concert, but I did get to stand across a driveway from him, and it was magical. Hope you have a fantastic day!

jenn said...

happy sitsday!

Robin said...

Congratulations on your SITS day. I hope it's everything you've been wishing for.

Great photos!

Broot said...

Happy SITS day! I loved the story about your brother sending you to the ER! Love the pictures too.

Unknown said...

Stopping by from SITS to send a little congratulations, and comment love your way. I am excited to check out some of your photography.

lindsey said...

You take amazing photos! So glad SITS introduced me to your blog! Adding it to my reader now :) Happy SITS day!!

Gaspegirl said...

A photographer and a country gal... my kinda blogger! Congrats on your SITS day, make it a great day!

SuperMom Blues said...

Happy SITS day!! I am an amateur photographer myself and working on my own career, so this is certainly a blog I can relate to on so many levels!!

I'll have to read more about the chickens - DH keeps threatening to buy us some . . .

JMS said...

Found you through SITS and you are actually the first featured blog I've ever clicked on, and as it turns out, I love what you have to say!!! I enjoy your writing. Great job! Can't wait to read more!

Saretta said...

Happy SITS day! Your blog is lovely. My husband wants a chicken, I may have to scour your blog for advice!

Mama Up! said...

Congrats on your SITS Day! Can't wait to browse around - you have so much amazing stuff going on!

Stephie @ Our Marriage Adventure said...

I was this crazy with New Kids on the Block...Happy SITS day!

Trish said...

Happy SITS Day!

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Visiting your blog from SITS. Enjoying all your fun posts and really loving the wedding shots. My daughter is getting married in November so I'm stocking up on ideas. Although I moved from the country to the beach and can no longer keep chickens, they're my favorite too. I'm gonna subscribe so I can come back and see you again. Congrats on your big day!

OMG! Yummy said...

Love your blog - full of personality and FABULOUS photos. Enjoy your SITS day.

Vicki @ Grams Made It said...

Dropping in from SITS to share your day. I love your stories so I'm adding you to my Google reader. We have some similar stories. My brother didn't stab me, but my sister cut my finger off, the end of it anyway. And my dad was a little like yours, scary when I was young, but quiet and gentle as he got older. Enjoy your day in the SITS spotlight.

Anonymous said...

Happy SITS Day!

Priscilla said...

Wonderfully unique photography! Happy SITS day girl! I wish you were close enough to do my pregnancy photos and engagement photos.

Shan said...

Drove through Missouri last week on our way to Iowa. Your photography is amazing...chickens too! ;) So great to meet you. Happy for your SITS day too! One of these days mine will come...just waiting...patiently. :D Have a wonderful week, my friend.

The Lucky Wife said...

Well, you're not the only one who love chickens... have you ever seen all the "chicken collectable" stuff there is out there? LOL I've never really understood it, to be honest, but my MIL has a few chicken things in her kitchen. Do you sell your chicken photos? Might be fun to put together a photo arrangement of some sort for her sometime!

Hope you have a wonderful SITS day!

Unknown said...

Hope you enjoy your sits day!

Losing Brownies said...

Happy SITS day!!

Jeanette Nyberg said...

Very nice blog! The chickens are hilarious, and it's been fun reading your stuff! Beautiful photography. I'm impressed.

Semper Wifey said...

Congratulations on your SITS feature! Your photography is fantastic! I randomly have lots of pictures of chickens, too! They're just too funny not to photograph! ;)

Semper Wifey said...

Congratulations on your SITS feature! Your pictures are fantastic! I randomly have a bunch of chicken pictures, too! They're just too funny not to photograph! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your SITS Day! Don't let go of that spotlight until you have to! LOL I love your photos!

PatriciaD said...

Congrats on your SITS day!! How absolutely thrilling. I can't wait for mine (well, I can but you understand the excitement - MJ). I have just moved from Missouri to Alaska but other than that we're A LOT alike (well, and that your married, I'm not, you have kiddos and I don't) but truly other than that we could be twins. Well and I'm a LOT older than you...hehehe!! Have a great day!! have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do...well!!

Pitterle Postings said...

Congratulations on your "SITS" day. Love your photography!

Linda Jordan said...

Happy SITS day! Your photos are gorgeous & you have a very entertaining way of writing :)

I'm new to blogging and SITS has been a great way to find all sorts of interesting bloggers out there, I'll definitely come back & take a look!

Joanne said...

Happy SITS day! I recently joined myself and just read about you in the featured blogger section. Way to go!

Selena and Anna said...

Happy SITS Day. Your photos are amazing...especially love your fireworks pics!!! Hope you had a great day in the spotlight. The SITS community is truly amazing.

Heather said...

Better late than never! Happy SITS Day!!!

Unknown said...

A little late...& playing catch up! chickens...love them! About 25 years ago my neighbor had a few chickens and I remember we would torture them by hypnotizing them. I love animals, so don't get me wrong... i was young. "snap!" they jumped right out of it, but I still laugh about it.

Great to find you! going to poke around...you might have a new follower.

Margaret Almon said...

Happy Belated SITS Day! That chicken has such a soulful stare!

mangiabella said...

Happy Belated SITS day, and Happy belated 4th! your fireworks photos are stunning, and your vision for capturing "moments of time" are a true gift. keep shining sweet bella

Related Posts with Thumbnails