Monday, June 27, 2011

A bumper crop this year

I have apple trees. Exciting no? Except for the part were it literally took me like 2 years to figure out they were actual apple trees.


06-27-apples1

This is my ENTIRE crop of apples this year, and they are about the size of my big toe. (I have normal sized toes fyi). It seems a little disappointing, until you see this:



06-27-apples2


Right: The "mamma" tree growing apples. (which leans to the north because Iowa sucks. Ha.... I can say that because I grew up there)
Left: The "pappa" tree who donates the pollen to make toe sized apples happen.

I kind of imagine the pappa tree saying "Don't cut me down! I can do this, I swear!" Then the mamma tree says "gawd you are useless" (btdt)

I think I will celebrate their struggle and survival by making an apple pie. It'll be a pot pie sized sadly.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

So sorry about your apples, teehee.
Maybe you can make "a" tart ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails