Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Henry Doorly Zoo

As I said in my last post, we went to Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha over the weekend. They say it's one of the best zoos in the country. I will say, it was one of the hottest LOL.

Gene and I in front of the waterfall, it was so nice and cool... this was late in the day so I'm looking a wee bit ragged.



They have a new gorilla compound. I really liked it a lot. They took their old gorilla compound and attached it to the old set up for the big cats with some cool new features. You could get right up next to them at the windows. One Gorrilla was sitting with his back to us, then all the sudden he rushed the window and beat on it. I think it was becaus this really big guy with a dark shirt was standing there. Competition? Everyone screamed... it was hilarious. Of course, nothing happened... he was just saying "MY TURF"
I'm so amazed looking at the primate family, how much at times they are like us.


They have a walk through tube where you can see sharks and turles swimming over you. Not nearly as good as Ripleys aquarium (it was about 5 times longer) but still really cool. And packed! The whole place was crazy busy.

Who doesn't love a confident little meerkat? Seriously.

I do not have an A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E!


And I shall name him squishy.

BAD SQUISHY.

(totally finding nemo reference).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails