Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The quintessential Gene love note

Gene goes to bed earlier than I do. By a long shot. He always has, and always will. Probably because A.) he has to get up early in the morning. B.) has a hard job and he needs a lot of rest. C.) I'm a night owl.

Always have, always will be.

I am slowing down tho, instead of going to bed at 2-3 a.m., I now to bed somewhere between 11 and midnight. Sometimes I get a bug in my bonnet and will stay up til 1. Why? A.) I don't have to get up early. B.) I can't sleep, so I don't see the point in staring into the darkness for hours for no reason. C.) I love that time of the day, it's quiet, and not a soul is bothering me, I can do *whatever I want* Ahhhh.

So in return, sometimes I need to leave Gene a reminder like "Take out the Trash" or "Look! An Alien!" Those lil' notes get left on the face of the microwave. No matter how coffee deprived he his, I know he'll be forced to deal with see it.

Sometimes I get notes too. Mine are usually "Don't forget to:__________" And 90% of the time, it's something already on my list. But to be fair, he got yelled at for writing on my to-do lists. Mainly cuz he doesn't make a little box next to it so I can check it off... AND... because he writes in big capital man writing and takes up half the page.

Why is my blood pressure going up?

But once in a while I get one of these:

01-20


This made me smile and laugh. It's just so Gene.

A.) Aww.. it's a love note. For a bulldog kinda guy, he's pretty sweet when he warms up.

B.) There's a big man writing note from a few days before about Boo Boo Kitty coming back. If you don't know who Boo-Boo Kitty is, that's what I call any outdoor stray cat. Mainly cuz they are still cute and I want to keep them, but I'm on cat restriction... not only by my husband but probably the local health department. As soon as I ditch him, I'm getting 17 cats.

You are warned.

Technically, this is New Boo Boo. Old Boo Boo went to the "big farm in the sky" recently. No idea what happened, but all I know was it was weird, and Tanner took care of it for me.

C.) There's a coffee stain in the middle of it. Just as proof that, yes, he does stumble around in a haze in the morning.

D.) What you can't see is the long letter I left him a few days before (on the back) about how life is too short to be mad at people, and how we need to work harder towards forgiveness - even if we are right - sometimes others don't see it that way. "I'm sorry" goes a long way to heal.

ugh. Aren't we sickingly sweet.
*barf*

(I just said it for you.. tis ok)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails