Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Signs: Good or bad?

While packing the car for the bridal fair on Sunday, we discovered this guy in the driveway:

01-27-caterpillar

Now normally, I would say "hu-ray!" and smile a happy smile thinking of Spring. However, I have not decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing. For starters, I have no idea where he came from, he was leaving one snow pile and headed towards another. (I feel your pain brother).

This guy, he was going no where fast. Actually, he was going no where really really slowly. Imagine walking through mud with shoes made of cement.... covered in molasses. Yeah, that's kinda how slow he was going.

Now on the other hand, folklore says that the less black, the shorter the winter and well frankly Mr. Caterpillar, you have virtually no black pants at all. Sorry.

In the end, I decided that the best answer was to pick him up and return him to the flower bed lest he become lunch for some starving bird. He didn't curl up when I picked him up, he was too cold, but he looked up at me with his 12 doe eyes and said "omg, warmest. hands. ever!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails