Monday, January 11, 2010

Scrapbook page day!

Over the weekend, I sat down at my scrapbook table and did 2 things that worked well for me to get something accomplished.

#1 - I didn't turn on my laptop. It's a distraction

#2 - I didn't look at any magazines for "inspiration" which has become a habit for me. I find myself confused about what I want to do, what should I scrapbook, this doesn't look right, I don't want to print pictures. blah blah.

So instead, I had a stack of pics in front of me, I just picked up a few I wanted to work on, and went from there. *like I used to do*. You would think it would be as simple as that always eh?


01-11-sb-lilbug

Lil' Bug: It's my niece Tayen, and how she was entertained by a "ladybug" (japanese beetle) on our family girl trip to Branson this fall. I hated it at first, and as I kept working on it, I really ended up liking it. It's really more my old style, which solidfies that maybe I should stop buying magazines.

I have issues.
Really.

Paper: K&Company Berry Sweet stack
Chipboard letters: K&Co too (I think)
Ribbon, vellum, pen, and "patch" style ladybugs I've had for eons.



01-11-sb-cards

I got this idea from Ali Edwards. I like hers better, but she obviously gets more pics/cards for christmas than I do. I thought it was a cool way to keep your cards, and pics, and not feel bad about tossing them.

Paper: Creative imaginations - Debbie Mumm (you can't see much of it!) it's an older paper.
Brads: No idea, Stacy gave them to me!
Vellum, pen, chipboard star came off my card from Amber.


Speaking of Amber...

She gave me a really nice scrapbook for Christmas that's all about being sisters! I love it because 1. she made it special for me and 2. Amber and I have gotten so much closer over the years, she is one of my best friends. I love that she scrapbooks too!

01-11-sb-sisters1

It has a cupcake theme!



01-11-sb-sisters2





01-11-sb-sisters3





01-11-sb-sisters4

I don't know all the products that Amber used. The main front cover is a cupcake diecut, which I LOVE. I think I have this one too! Some of the swirly stamps are from Autumn Leaves, some of the products are some products by ME! She also used her cricut on several pages.

Thank you Amber, it was one of my very fav gifts this year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails