Monday, October 26, 2009

Bridal Fair Report

10-26-bridalfair

I haven't had a chance yet, to update you on how the bridal fair went. This was the second time I did the show, and I was really impressed by how many people showed up this year. Last year, there was a fair amount of brides, and this year, it seemed like there were many more. I gave out a lot more brochures than last year, I almost ran out!!

It was pretty busy, and at points you couldn't even get in my booth!

10-26-bridalfair2



Gene came along to help, and so did Tanner:

10-26-bridalfair7

It's a where's waldo kinda photo.




Each year, they put on a fashion runway show of latest dresses. These dresses are supplied by the lovely Shannon Renee's in Maryville. I have shot a couple weddings with dresses from Shannon's and they are really beautiful! Please be sure to check them out if you are looking for formal wear.

10-26-bridalfair3

This dress was one of my favorites, maybe it's because I wore a great big red, white and blue dress. LOL. Just a guess!


10-26-bridalfair4

Look at all those beautiful buttons up the back!!


And now for the best/most unusual fall color combination ever!

10-26-bridalfair5

Aubergine and orange! Oh so pretty. If I were getting married in the fall, I'd SO DO THIS!


And here's something you almost never see at bridal fashion runway shows!.....

10-26-bridalfair6

A cowboy!!
(for the lovely readers that don't know, and that have just joined us, that's my hubs)

That's not something you see every day.

There were a ton of other great booths. I did want to send a shout out to some cool vendors whose info I gathered up to share.

Marriott Party Decorations and Catering.
They had a beautiful and TASTY chocolate cake there. Highly impressed!
3201 Oak Ave
Braddyville, IA

712-370-2651

***********************

Mobile DJ
Tony Haist
660-652-3477
I've shot several weddings where one of Tony's DJ systems was there (he has 5!), and they do such an awesome job!

***********************

If you are looking for an unusual venue to hold your wedding AND/OR reception, you have to see Paradise Park in Oregon. It's so pretty! You don't have to have a wedding there either, what an awesome spot for a family reunion or a christmas party. They are not that far from Kansas City!

In the center of the park, is a 100 year old barn, and it's surrounded by beautiful landscaping, artwork and even an indoor pond.

OK, I'm thinking paradise park, with purple and orange in the fall. yep. Think I can talk my husband into another wedding?

Paradise Park
Roderick Dryden owner
Oregon, MO
660-446-2407


***********************

Of course, Spectacular Settings was there again. She does awesome decorating, and I swear, she has half the weddings I shoot! cool arches, greenery, tablescapes. You need Teresa!

Spectacular Settings
Teresa Hayes
660-582-0791

Of course there were many others there that deserve recognition, I just didn't get everyone's cards as I was so busy!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails