I can think of a lot of reasons why you should have a chicken, so be sure to look into that too.
- You will get poop on your hand. On. your. hand.
- You'll carry water in the winter - twice a day.
- You will sweep poop off of your deck daily.
- You will get really tired of eggs, and run out of recipes.
- You will track poop into your house on your shoes and find it under your desk.
- You will get pecked, and if you're lucky, by a rooster on the back of your calf.
- Your friends and family will give you empty egg cartons for Christmas, and you will be happy about it.
- You will be shocked that chickens can poop more than a small dog.
- You will have a garden that grows great from all the chicken poop, but then the chickens will eat everything you grow.
- You will spend in chicken feed annually what is equal to a crappy used car for your kid.
Other than that, they are loads of fun. Buy 10, 11 or 21!
PS. 21 chickens for sale.