Sunday, March 20, 2011

Burn baby BURN!

Last weekend Gene and I worked on the bookcase/bar most of the weekend. A "project" we considered but put off because we couldn't babysit it and do master carpentry (that was sarcasm) at the same time, was burning off the second acre.

We have 2 full acres, one of which we do nothing with. No mowing. No planting. Nothing. We're just redneck enough to pull that off. ;) The original reason was because it was just too much to push mow (that's all we had when we moved here). After a while, we kinda got used to it.

However it gets a bit unruly and we feel like it should be at least taken down to bare ground once in a while if nothing else to scare away the voles (which doesn't work).

So, Wednesday we had a meeting at Tanner's school and didn't get home until late. This is what saw as I pulled in my driveway:

03-18-burn1

YIKES! My yard is gone and my chickens were all huddling in the corner of the coop. "What did we dooooo??? Our life is off kilter! Helllpppppp usssss!"

I was only annoyed for about 15 seconds. You see, a few days before, I'd gotten my new dress form I bought specifically to shoot vintage wedding dresses we're selling online. I thought it would look so cute to take the dress form out into the tall grass.

Yeah.... notsomuch anymore.

So I thought about it a day or two, and then decided to run with it.

03-18-burn2





03-18-burn4

This is called "Wedding in the apocolypse". I think it's an awesome theme don't you? The minister can be a zombie and they can serve tiger blood.
#winning!

(is that joke dated already? too soon?)


However, the chickens?

03-18-burn3



They're thinking "tasty tasty apocolypse."

1 comment:

the Goodwife said...

AAAHHAHAHAHAHAAA! I gotta tell ya, that's exactly what I was thinking when I looked at those pictures. I was thinking poor early 20th century sod buster, killed on his wedding day by runaway team. Bride decides to go ahead with wedding anyway..........LOL!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails