Wednesday, March 9, 2011
I went to St. Joe, which is about 45 miles, to pick up a couple things I've been wanting. Nothing important, but it afforded me the opportunity to eat lunch with my husband, AND go antiquing on the rest of his break.
Before long, snowflakes were falling out of the sky, the size of small cantelopes. I wish I were kidding. OK, well, they were the size of a golf ball. Never in my life, do I remember snowflakes so big that they pelted the windows as they fell, more like bullets, less like snow.
I'm sure the people at Hobby Lobby thought I was strange, standing there in the entry way just sort of enjoying the snow as it fell.
Poo on them.
Come on spring... You can do it! I know you can!
In other news:
1. My new lens came, and I haven't shot anything with it yet except for a book laying on my desk. I'm bad.
2. Dan the man and his wife Kayla are supposed to come visit us later this month! I love having a photog buddy! I'm glad he tolerates me. ;) He's helping me out on a project, and I'm gonna owe him bigtime. I promised T-bones, it's the best I got right now.
3. I ordered a dress form to display dresses on so I can get some stuff listed on etsy. I'm excited! I hope the darn thing looks halfway decent - I got a good deal, which in mannequin circles translates to "looks like crap".
4. I'm working on the backsplash on my kitchen. I can't wait to show it to you. I'll give you a hint... pressed tin! It's kind of a scary project, but is going to look so good! It also involves me getting out the damn chop saw! Grr.
5. We've gotten on the coconut oil craze. Gene loves it, it means his normally dry back has been getting an oil rub down every day for a few weeks now. Yet somehow, I've only gotten one. How exactly does THAT work? Well, I guess my hands are always smooth.
6. I have a camera for sale! I need to upgrade my camera and have decided to let go of my trusty Canon 30D. It's been a wonderful camera, no issues at all. I'm going to guess around 40k actuations but could be a little more or less. Comes with a battery, charger, body cap, and memory card. (no box). Body only. Pair it with a 50mm 1.8 and you have a decent little set up! $325 and I'll pay shipping. Leave a comment (I moderate, so I'll see it before it's posted) if you're interested!
7. I need to go to bed, it's almost 2 a.m. Can't fight it any longer.