Monday, July 27, 2009

My new second shooters...

It's become a norm almost in the wedding photography industry, to have someone that can second shoot for you. That means, that I myself, would be a primary, and I would have second photographer that would either be taking photos of something in a different location the same time as myself, or, shooting the same scene from a different angle.

Great idea right? Whelp, there's one problem. At this point, you're paying for the cost of 2 photographers. Many brides around here, do not want to incur this extra expense (and I don't blame them). So, I tell them, that if they want one, I can get one, or, if they'd like snapshot type photos, my husband picks up the camera also once in a while and shoots too. *he's learning - it's free*.

Anyway, so my point is, that yesterday I was exhausted. I mean, dog tired. We got up early (I'll explain in my next post) and I tried to go to bed "early" at 11:45. I didn't fall asleep until around 1:45. :/ Then, we get up at 6:30 a.m., which is just "Tuesday" for Gene, but "Oh god is there sunlight out there?" for me. (OK, I normally get up at 8:30).

So at around 4 p.m. I was so tired I could not keep my eyes open. I decided to go take a nap. At 5:15, 30 minutes after gene was supposed to wake me up, he comes in and we both end up taking a nap for another half hour. LOL.

Somewhere in there, I heard my back door open. Yes, I leave the 14 year old alone. All by himself. Almost like he was nearly a full grown human. *gasp*. I assumed he was going to go out to swim. When we got up a little later, I peeked out the window and saw him with my camera.

Yep, I let that toddling 14 year old "play" with about $2k in camera equipment whenever he feels like it. Just A.) don't drop it or I'll kill you and B. Don't drop it or I'll kill you.

So, I've decided that I'm going to force Tanner into indentured servitude at 14 (much like my own mother did to me... I HATED going to craft shows lol), and he'll be my new second shooter.



07-27-tanner2



Either Tanner is the goldfinch whisperer, or they are getting used to us. I'm so jealous, he got so close! It's ok to smack kids if they're YOUR kid right? Right!?




07-27-tanner3



This is the mean goldfinch. He fluffs up his little top-knot when other finches come around. Then he chases them off. Dude. It's a buffet.




07-27-tanner1

Tanner is brave!

I hate redwing blackbirds.


And he took this one the night before:


07-27-tanner4




So this morning, I download my pics off the camera, and I see a sunset. I didn't know Tanner took some sunset pics, they were great!


07-27-genesunrise



But.. I get to looking at the date (I sort photos by date taken) and realize that Gene took it this morning! It was a beautiful foggy sunrise in NW MO.


Now I can start charging for "my" second and third shooters. :)


PS. If you think I'm trying to be cute and quirky with all the watermarks lately, I'm not (Ok maybe a little). It's because I recently had some photos of mine taken and used without my permission so this is a little self preservation. I don't feel right putting my watermark on a photo that someone else takes, even Tanner, so that's why you see his name there. This Public Service Annoucement has been brought to you by the "don't steal my photos and I won't sue you" department of Cease Fire Studios.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails