Monday, November 30, 2009

I'm so Thankful for....

11-30-thanks



I thought I'd try to finish this month strong. Last year, I posted what I was thankful for, every Thursday, I considered it this year, and decided instead, I'd tell you all the things I'm thankful for, the entire year... today. The photo above, from recent thanksgiving events, may or may not, illustrate what I'm most thankful for lately.

  • I'm thankful so much, for family. Even when sometimes you wanna smack them upside the head, I still love them, or can kinda tolerate them sometimes (no one pictured here. lol). It's good to have family, that feels like friends.
  • I'm thankful that I have an eye for photography, a hand to create, feet to carry me, an ear to listen, a heart to tell me the right path, and a brain to follow it. That's the full monty people. Some folks only walk away with 1-2 (or none) of those.
  • I'm thankful for this place that I've found. Over by the lake, out in the country, at the bottom of a big hill, in the middle of a beanfield. I love small sky country. (like big sky country, only smaller!) I love seeing every single cloud, every single day. I'm thankful that God plunked it down just for me, and slowly let me use my head, heart, hands, and brain to slowly take it from junky to beautiful... or beautiful to me anyway.
  • I'm thankful for the ability to give, give, give. To my family, and friends, and random strangers that need that tiny glimpse of hope. I'm lucky I have more to give than some, and wish I had more. $20.00 in my pocket, makes me richer than 80% of the world. I'm lucky.
  • I'm thankful for this country, even in a time of turmoil, I'm glad I'm *here* and not *there*. I'm proud of what we have created here (mostly ;).
  • And you guys! I am thankful you like to come here, and read my weird rambling thoughts, and look at my marginal photos. It's weird to see my counter go up and know "hey that wasn't me looking at my blog." They like me... they really really like me. ;)
  • I'm thankful for my kids. My oldest is out on his own and *doing it* and I'm proud of him. I'm proud of you Seth. Really. You're doing so well, and better than I thought. Seth growing up, does not make me feel old (that's my new mantra anyway). I'm proud of Tanner, because he's always there and helping, without me asking. He really does not ask for a lot of things, and so I do more when I can. He is smart, and at times, I'm more than happy to admit he knows more than I do, doesn't matter that he's 15. That's cool stuff right there people.
  • And I'm thankful for my husband, Gene. He's the one person that "gets me" more than anyone. He lets me poke fun at him, and we both belly laugh. In fact, no one has ever made me laugh as hard as he has, not any comedian on the planet. Ever. He tells me I'm beautiful every single day, even when my hair is yucky, eyes are puffy and I have no makeup on. He works hard so that I can have things that I never asked for. He brings me flowers because it's Tuesday. Yup, sometimes he's grumpy and I'd like to strangle him, but, I'm sure he can say the same about me. If I need him he's always there for me.
  • Oh, and pie, because dude, life ain't complete without pie.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails