Thursday, January 20, 2011

What up, dawg!?

01-20-snow

It snowed last night. A lot, around 6-9 inches. It's Missouri, and it's January.... why are you repeatedly surprised by this?

So on my way to bed (which for the record is 2 a.m. I'm a night owl) I peek out the window to see fat magical snowflakes tumbling out of the sky. So fat that you swear you can hear them fall. So it was no big surprise that I got totally jacked up and went outside to capture some photos.

Me, a camera, Gene's boots and a porch light. That's it. We did alright.



So this morning, when I tumble out of bed at 9 a.m. (I can't get up earlier, please see the 2 a.m. reference), this note is stuck to the microwave/bulletin board.

01-20-snowday

This is Tanner's polite way of saying "Don't effin' wake me up, Dawg."

'Cept Tanner doesn't say "effin" because he's a fairly polite kid. (accent on fairly) He also doesn't say "Dawg" because it's not 1997.


So.. snow day!
I wonder how the chickens will feel about having snow up to their nether regions.

Must investigate.

4 comments:

Janice Grinyer said...

that photo is absolutely breathtaking!

Janice Grinyer said...

that photo is absolutely breathtaking!

LisaDay said...

Well? How did they do?

LisaDay

Mz-Cellaneous said...

Lisa...
They do really well if their path is scooped. LOL. They won't go into the big snow drifts.

Silly chickens.

Related Posts with Thumbnails