Monday, December 8, 2008

A little retail therapy

Gene and I had a bit of retail therapy this weekend. He seemed to be in the shopping mood, why I don't know, as that is very much NOT HIS STYLE. After we went to Bedford on Saturday and picked up this:

And this:
{pomegranate sented sachet from Greenleaf Mmmmm}

we went to antiquing on Sunday. We only went to 2 places, but found a few neat things. My favorite find was this:

Crazy I know. It's a birds nest in a branch, but how it's made and the shape of the branch is very beautiful. It'll be a piece of artwork on my wall because those birds have to be artists to create this!

I picked a cabinet for storage for Tanner's bathroom, a couple vintage aprons for my scrapbook room (I use them as curtains and need a couple more), a new ornament, a present for later. I also stopped by Michaels and found a couple scrapbook goodies I felt life would not be complete without.

The above dresser/island came today! That was fast, I told them whenever was fine, there was no rush. It's big. It'll take some getting used to. I'm just going to let it sit as it is in my kitchen for a couple weeks to determine if it's what I really want or not before I commit. It's a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I feel guilty with plans to cut it in pieces.

More pics after bit. Laura's been waiting!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails