Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Ho Ho HOLY CRAP.

12-9-snowstorm2

I suppose I could say something postive like "well it's that time of year again" or "I'm dreaming of a white christmas", but instead I'll say .. Holy crap... what happened to June?

Oh yeah, that was a half a year ago. sigh.

As anyone with a TV knows, the midwest is under a terrorist attack. Jack frost and Santa have conspired to and have placed a full on attack of the middle region of the country. Not to be confused with the south. Trust me... ppl get them confused all the time. Don't get me started on this one.

We have been bombarded with snow for 2 days.

Last night I said a little prayer that I wouldn't have to listen to the generator like we did 2 years ago. Instead, we're hunkered down in our lil' house in the middle of a bean field. With no trees. I'm thinking next year, snow fence.

I woke this morning to a phone call, came out to answer it, and Gene was standing there.... unable to leave the driveway so he couldn't go to work. Doesn't matter if the driveway was clear, because the road getting out of here wasn't either.

Doesn't matter if the road getting out of here was clear, because the highways are closed down too!

It's the apocolypse!!!

OK, not really. but I feel better.

To give you a good idea, Tanner has *joyfully* volunteered to help demonstrate:

12-9-snowstorm5

That's the famous "clothesline".

For a reference point, Tanner is slightly shorter than me. Normally, I easily walk under the line. Yep, there'll be no clothes on the line today!

12-9-snowstorm4

Some nice farmer with a blade on his tractor came through, and bladed the road for us, and our neighbor's son is supposed to come blade our drive for us, so hopefully, fingers crossed, I can get these people out of my hair tomorrow!

12-9-snowstorm3

We can all dream right??

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails