Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Belated Christmas!

I'm kinda having decorating remorse. Mainly because, I decorated, am in the mood to start taking it down already, and not a damn soul other than Gene, Tanner and I saw it. LOL.

I feel so popular and loved.

Sooo.. I decided I'd share a few of my favorite things, before I get after Christmas fever and disassemble the tower of boxes in my bedroom. (I wish I was kidding, they literally reach the ceiling.)


12-27-xmas1

My favorite little deer, with some pretty silver apples my mom gave me.




12-27-xmas2

Love love my tinsel tree I got at a garage sale a few years ago for a whopping 50 cents! It has a cute base, but it's broken, so this year, I used a jar of buttons as a base and love it! I saved out my pink Shiny brites and hung them exclusively on this tree. Underneath, I put my tiny pair of red cowboy baby boots.




12-27-xmas3

I super love vintage decorations, and usually this sort of stuff you can get a good deal on. (pincone elves). When I can't find a vintage thing, I'll settle for something that just looks vintage (santa and bottle brush trees)




12-27-xmas6

I adore these pink bottle brush trees! I bought them at Hobby Lobby. The instant I saw them, I knew I was buying them. Good thing they were 1/2 price! I put them next to my pink tree, that has all the pink plain shiny brites on them.




12-27-xmas4

My vintage santa boot antique store find, with a new "vintage" snowman box. On the right, my feather tree on the island, with a cool santa coke bottle. I've had that forever and every year, I expect to find an exploded bottle of pop in the bottom of the bin.




12-27-xmas5

The beginning of my reindeer collection. I love the celluloid deer, and the little ones are really a good price. I hope to eventually fill the entire shelf with deer. Yep, I know one has only one antler. It's my version of the 3 legged reindeer (ala "Roseanne" lol).




Shiny Brites Bokeh

A little creative antique twist on some more boxes. I put the empty boxes under my tree that displays the shiny brites. I also put some vintage toys (and some old roller skates) under the tree. Kind of like a glimpse of christmas in 1965, only I wasn't around in 1965.

So there you have it! Maybe next year someone besides me will actually see it.

Now who wants to help me take this stuff down?

Anyone?

Hello?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails