Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I need to introduce you to my new love

I love you 50d.  be my boyfriend.

Hello.
Meet the new love of my life, Mr. Canon 50D.

Ain't he handsome?


I really needed to upgrade, as I was really maxing out my 30D at wedding ceremonies in dimly lit churches.

09-29-camera2

The feature I was most interested in was the ISO capabilities of up to 12800 in the custom functions feature. If you don't know what that means, it's basically, the higher the number, the darker the place you can take a picture in. 12800 is 8 times higher than your standard 1600 ISO on most slr cameras. (I honestly don't know if you get 8 times the light tho.).

Down side to that is that it's got a lot of noise at 12800, however, if you invested in noiseware software, that would take care of a lot of it.

ISO 3200 is standard on the dial, without going into the custom function feature and it's low in the noise dept. Lower than my 30d at 1600. I'm very happy with that. I can put a 50mm f1.8 lens on the camera and walk around a dark reception taking photos that are virtually all sharp. That's super awesome!

The next feature I was interested in, was the 15.1 megapixel resolution. I feel a lot better making a 16 x 20 image now.

And lastly, I really wanted that larger LCD screen. 3", it's almost a mini tv!



09-29-camera3

Over the weekend, we shot a wedding at Tiffany Greens in KC. I took the 50D most of the time, Gene took the 30D (once in a while we traded off) and I could really tell a difference in the photos.

It helped that the bride, groom, bridesmaids, food, venue, cake, rings, blah blah blah were all beautiful, but the photos were so awesome. I will share very soon!

My end goal is to slowly upgrade and eventually, I'll be the proud owner of a Canon 5D MarkII. Which shoots video even!! *I want* I have seen nothing but beautiful photos come out of that camera.

In the meantime, I have an XT for sale. It's 2 years old now, and I've probably taken around 15,000-20,000 photos on it. Never had a problem a day in my life. Comes with the box, all the paperwork, a memory card, battery charger, etc. I believe I even have a book that I bought just for this camera if I can find it, I'll throw that in too! $300, if you want an 18-55 mm lens to go with it, $350, which is cheaper than ebay! email me if you're interested!

And no, I don't take money orders from Nigeria. sorry :p

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails