Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Chasing Storms and Sunsets

My favorite light in a landscape shot, is those big fat heavy clouds, with bright blue skies peaking out in between. The light gets low at sunset and shines through making the world beautifuly side lit.

It's hard to get a bad shot.

Last week, I chased the sun as it set into a storm, the results are below

04-30-clouds1






04-30-clouds2






04-30-clouds3






04-30-clouds10






04-30-clouds11






04-30-clouds12






04-30-clouds9




Then a couple nights ago, Gene and I were coming home at sunset, and you couldn't help but stare at such a beautiful sunset.

Don't bother to tell me Missouri is not beautiful.

OK, it has it's moments.

04-30-clouds5






04-30-clouds4






04-30-clouds6






04-30-clouds8



Sometimes you get lucky, and a rainbow shows up in your back yard.


04-30-clouds7


Link to your storms!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Love your photography. I can actually smell the air when looking at those pictures. Is that weird?

Ruth said...

These photos are beautiful! That sunset with the pink in it was especially pretty. I came over from P-Dub. I actually got to see her in Fairfax! We asked about the boots. I love visiting other blogs, don't have one myself.
Thanks for the photos!

Related Posts with Thumbnails