Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I have some visitors

I dunno, maybe at this point you can refer to them as "summer residents".

The goldfinches are back!


05-05-birds

The goldfinch has always been my favorite bird, well, you know, besides chickens and ducks.
shhh.

They are so bright and cheerful, tiny little bundles of energy. They are also the state bird of the state where I grew up, Iowa, so it's nice to see they'll lower their standards to visit an Iowan stuck in MO.

JK!
maybe.

05-05-birds2

Last summer, we had quite a few regular little customers visiting our lowly little feeders in the back yard. They would announce themselves with their little "peepPEEP", and Tanner and I would look at each other and say "peepPEEP".

Their return this year was highly anticipated, and Tanner was excited to see them return, as he heard them long before either of us saw one.

Spread the word my feathered friends, free food at the Cease Fire Ranch!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

We hardly have any tiny birds in our yard anymore. The big bad crows have taken over. And my silly neighbours feed these beasts.
I have to go to our cottage to enjoy the little birds.

Related Posts with Thumbnails