Friday, May 28, 2010

Life's an adventure!

Not too long ago, I went out on a little local adventure. I decided that I wasn't ready to go home one afternoon, so I went out, and drove around near our home, a place out in the country I'd never went before. You see, when I get on a route, I just get on autopilot and never get off of it.

I'm stubborn that way.

I decided that I'd explore around in the country and see a few places I'd never seen before. I started about 2 miles away from home, and trust me, it's so flat where I live, I could still see my house.

05-28-adventure1

New roads I'd never seen before....




05-28-adventure2

with a little country entertainment.




05-28-adventure3

Random wildflowers. No idea what these guys are.




05-28-adventure4

The bottom side of a perfect dandelion.




05-28-adventure5

And then I noticed, the bend, up the road.

I contemplated for a while. I didn't know if I was going to be intruding in someone's front door, or if this was a real road, it was dirt after all. I started envisioning myself hacked up in tiny pieces, or playing the banjo on the porch with a hairless boy.

I worked up some courage, and went for it....


05-28-adventure6

and came to another curve, unknowing where it went either...

Around the curve took me to no place scary. Just a curving road, winding through bean fields, up and down hills, over a river, and around more bends.

I stopped at the top of a huge hill, and decided to stop and take a couple photos of some flowers I saw along the road.

05-28-adventure7

Fallen branches.




05-28-adventure8

Red buds.




05-28-adventure9

Beautiful red and green foliage.


I decided to park the car in a little turn out, and explore a little more at the top of this hill, what I found was this beautiful overlook...

05-28-adventure10

Full of yellow flowers, overlooking a newly turned field. I'm going to bring a couple here someday for photos.

I already have the whole session planned out in my noggin.


05-28-adventure11

Then I noticed the redbud tree.




05-28-adventure12

I love redbuds!




05-28-adventure13

And random old barns




05-28-adventure14

Where I took my own photo.
(for some reason I just like it this way)




05-28-adventure15

There was a random little violet, all alone.




05-28-adventure16

And a fallen log covered in moss.



04-23-jeep

It was time to go, before I got caught and yelled at. So I made my way back to the jeep.




05-28-adventure17

Stopping one last time to get a pic of my feet in a field of clover.

Flip flops are not appropriate wear for adventures.


Right now I'm on another adventure, a bigger one. I'll tell you more about in over the next couple days. Stay tuned

4 comments:

M!ssPr!ssy said...

Awe these pix remind me of home and some of the past zipcodes I've lived in or around. These photos are so good. How do you do that blurring look? I Love the depth and texture it gives the pixs. Some of those photos would make great artwork. I just love the redbud and the dandylion, my daughter took a pix of one of one of those just last week. That clover one would have been a great print too -minus the feet ;). I miss the trees the most since I've moved out West. Oh and you are a good writer too.

Unknown said...

That's one of my favorite things to do, just go out with my camera and see what's out there.

:)

www.quackandquill.com said...

Six years ago, my daughter and I drove from North Carolina to Arizona to buy a dog. It was the road trip of a life time, and we had a marvelous time. Passing through Kansas, we took a detour much like the one you described and it was a truly exciting feeling, knowing you were on someone else's property, and not knowing what was around the next bend in the road! Thanks for reviving that memory!

Mz-Cellaneous said...

Prissy...
Thank you for the compliments! I'll explain about the blurry parts next week when I get a chance.

Q&Q...
That sounds like fun, I love road trips. I think next year I'll be taking one by myself. Maybe a "find myself" mission, not that I don't already know where I am! lol.

Related Posts with Thumbnails