Monday, June 7, 2010

Filed under: WTH!?

06-07-stormy


Massive amounts of rain here already, many of the rivers are at their pinnacle anyway. This should be a fun ride. I am happy that despite living in a lowland area and it being quite flat, I'm not in a 100 year flood plane area.

We planned to lay low most of the weekend, but it didn't turn out that way.
  • Had an engagement shoot. We had to reschedule a couple times because of weather, but in the end it turned out well.
  • Tanner is off for Upward Bound. He'll be living on campus for half the summer. It feels really weird him not being here. He seemed to take this adventure quite well, apparently he's more grown up than I thought, and not as big of a baby as his momma.
  • Gene and I went to KC for a benefit party. One of his classmates, Patti, had a huge annual BBQ and invited us. She want us to come shoot the events too. Her husband works with some jazz/blues greats in the midwest so it turns out, it was a huge jam session. Lots of working musicians! I wish I knew who all of them were. Heh. I'm not usually a blues fan, but it was pretty fun!
  • I've been exhausted for several days. I told Gene absolutely no calls before 9 a.m. If someone is dead, they'll still be dead at 9. It's hard to handle funeral planning when you are drowsy.
  • This also applies to my mother, that likes to call at the buttcrack of dawn. hi mom.
  • I think I might be coming down with something, I feel like ass. Really cold clammy ass too.
  • Had to file a freaking small claims suit today. Not all that excited about that but it needed done. Details someday, depending on how pissed off I stay.
  • Forgot to put the pot roast in the crock pot this morning, so I guess we're having those hamburgers after all. Doesn't matter, it all sounds yucky.
  • Blogger was being a real ass this morning. I had this post done a long time ago, but it ate it. They were down most of the day. I did have more planned for this eve, but we'll see considering I still feel like cold clammy ass.
  • And lastly, Happy Anniversary to my mom/dad-in-law. 42 years! I think they like each other, but I can't be sure.

2 comments:

Janice Grinyer said...

But the good news is...

On monday it will only be cloudy!!!

:p

its the little things, Lana, the little things that you gotta let "hope" grow some itty bitty wings on...Praying some "hope" comes your way soon!!!!

LisaDay said...

Hoping the cold clammy ass feeling goes away soon.

Happy anniversary to your mom and her husband.

LisaDay

Related Posts with Thumbnails