Sunday, June 13, 2010

Visitor - from my own planet this time

Friday, I'm home alone. Well, me and the cats, but mainly I'm alone.

I hear a noise.

It sounded like a bird squawking. *from inside my house*

I finally deduced it was a bird, sitting outside my window, and since we have crappy windows, well, it sounded like it was inside. I went upon my merry way, then "waaaaaccckkk," I heard it again! So did Mack and Jingles, they too had that WTF look on their faces.

Later that evening, I told Gene about it and he said "Huh. ok" and then sat down to watch a movie.

"Waaaaackkk"

He heard it too. He said, "It's in the house" and I had flashbacks of 1970's horror movies and a sudden urge to run, fall down, and then lay there as someone cut me up with a chainsaw.

Instead, Gene said, "it's a frog." and I said "wth? Nuh-uh" and he reaffirmed it was indeed a frog, and in the house, and probably a tree frog. Of course, I did the eyeroll as I went to get the flashlight. These men, they think they know *everything*. sheesh. We move a chair, and open the front door (which we can't use right now - long story), then Gene says "THERE HE IS!"

And there he was.
A tree frog.
And I said a silent prayer of thanks that he didn't see the eyeroll.

Before I could get a photo, he jumped outside. I said "darn it, I wish I'd gotten a shot" and somewhere in Gene's noggin, he got an idea.

"So, if I catch him, what's it worth to you?"
"You won't catch him, he's gone."
"Yes I will, what's it worth to you?"
"You won't, but I dunno."
"How about a 10 min back rub?"

*think think*

"Alright"

(somewhere in there, it turned into 15 minutes)

06-13-frog2




06-13-frog1

My hands still ache a bit, and the frog rested peacefully on my garden hose after his day long adventure.



And just because I'm thinking it, and think you need to sing it too...

Greetings! Kermit the Frog here, and today I'd like to tell you a little bit about the color green. Do you know what's green?
Well I am for one thing. You see, frogs are green, and I'm a frog. And that means I'm green, you see?

It's not that easy bein' green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy bein' green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of Spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean
Or important like a mountain
Or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder, why wonder?
I am green and it'll do fine
It's beautiful!
And I think it's what I want to be!


2 comments:

Janice Grinyer said...

love love the shot of greenie on yellow!

And i love the "rainbow connection" song; my all time favorite with Kermit as "lead" :)

Tracy said...

Teehee cute froggie.

Oh you got away lucky, just a back rub LOL.

Related Posts with Thumbnails