One of the best pieces of advice we got from a friend was DON'T buy feed from the store, you can make it yourself! So I started googling and found the recipe below. I thought I'd share in case you didn't know either!
- Make sure your feeder is cleaned thoroughly before adding new solution.
- Boil 1 cup of water. *Caution!
- Stir 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar into the 1 cup of heated water.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, fill your hummingbird feeder, and serve!
- Any leftover nectar can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.