Friday, February 20, 2009

Blog? Check!


I've always been one of those ppl that functions really well with a list. In fact, I've been known to write something on a list, just so I can mark it off and feel like I accomplished something. It's frustrating to reach the end of your day and only have 2 checked off your list of 11.

Many times the list is filled with things that fill the day that don't actually help me reach my goals. "list stuff on ebay" doesn't get me where I'm going as fast as say "work on your SEO (search engine optimization).

I saw a show once where they talked about only putting on your list the things that will help you accomplish your goals. Less "sort socks by color" and more "change your life".

I've been trying to keep these goals in mind as I make my lists, but in the end, showers and washing dishes always seem to creep back in. Sorry, but everyone around me kinda of appreciates it when I do that "shower thing".

The past 2 days have been a whirlwind of activity, to the point I've not had time to blog. (but today I get to check off "blog" on my list... whoooop). I finished up that guestbook, which was pretty much done but needed a gallery for it, packaged up all the pics for the dance, plus made flyers for the packs, caught up on some emails, made a decision about a bridal fair (which was no).

Today I ran to St. Joe. Much less productive than I wanted it to be. The day started out a little slow as I wanted to get up around 8 a.m. I woke up around that time, laid there for a second, shut my eyes and woke up again at 9:45. I *hate* it when I do that. That took 2 hours out of my time, and I had to be back by 3 p.m. to pick up Tanner from school to take to church as he's going on a retreat this weekend.

Big mistake. If you have that gut feeling you're forgetting something, then you probably are. I forgot his clothes at home! I had to come all the way back to the house, then all the way back to the school to get him then all the way back to the church. That meant crossing town 3 times, when I only was going to cross it once.

That's when it got ugly. I got stuck behind a couple moronic trucks, one I couldn't shake for about 6 miles - doing 40 in a 60. Sigh. But we made it, and he got there with 10 min to spare. *I hate being late* very much.

So basically, my good karma for yesterday didn't pull through for today, and in return only a couple checks off my list for today. It's ok, some can be done tomorrow while Tanner's gone (PARTY) ;)

In other news, the scrapbook armoire I've had for about 8 years now, found a new home last night. It was really big, and it's quite heavy and I'm really glad to see it go away. I kept wanting to take the doors off and leave them off, and then I realized that is what I really needed. I need open shelving. Yes it looks incredibly messy, even when it's organized, but that's why God made doors. If I shut it, no one will see. ha.

I'm building a corner desk, so the old computer (the one I'm on now) can get "upgraded" to the scrapbook room. I'll be doing more work in there and hopefull I will not get distracted by pretty paper and glitter. Above the desk will be all shelves, with baskets and bins filled with things i use frequently, or want to use frequently. Less used items will be sent to the closet. I will eventually have a final (ish) tour of the sb/sewing room. We'll see. I say "ish" because we still have to install all our ceilings (beadboard and pressed tin tiles) and all our baseboards. *sigh*.

Today my lightsphere came. I have been contemplating some sort of diffuser for my camera, and after the DD dance, I was not happy with how my flash bounced, so I watched this video and bought one about 15 min later:




Blogging done.
Check

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails