Wednesday, August 5, 2009

As a matter of fact, I DO remember what it was like to be a child. So there.

I'm your typical girly-girl. (Most of the type). I like things that sparkle, clothes that make my butt look smaller (do they make those?), babies, pretty fingernails, eyeliner and tiny things.

Yes, it's not uncommon to hear me say "Oh how CUTE" when I see a miniature version of anything much larger. *anything*.

So when we went to Colorado for our honeymoon, there was "Cute!!" when I saw our little toiletries.

Yes, I know I'm sad.
*anywayyyy*


08-05-gifts2


We stayed at the Marriott, which is nice because they give you branded toiletries, and the brand is not Marriott, it's Bath and Body works. In miniature.

CUTE.
(see, I told you I can't stop myself).

We decided to be "those people" and each day we took our cute little shampoos and soaps and hid them in my suitcase. Yep. *THOSE* people. lol. After 6 days, that's a lot of shampoo!

Now to be fair, normally what I do is donate these to the local food pantry. Why? Because when I was a kid, I remember this conversation with my mom about kids at school that were not the cleanest.

Me: "I don't understand why so and so is so dirty all the time. Soap cost, what, like 50 cents?"
Mom: "Well, sometimes people can't afford to have their water turned on, and some people don't have 50 cents to buy a bar of soap."

That stuck with me ever since.

So whenever I go to a Best Western, or a motel 6, and they have those tiny bars of soap or a little bottle of shampoo, I drop them in a Ziploc bag and a couple times a year, take them to the food pantry. I know it won't solve everyone's problems, but a bar of soap can make you feel a whole lot better about yourself.

Now, having said that, when I saw these, I thought of Gene's Granddaughters and how much they were probably like me. A typical girl that likes sparkly things, nice fingernails and minis.

So I saved them for them.

Last week when we were at Michael's, I found these adorable little gift bags and we picked up a few to make little posh gift bags for the girls.


08-05-gifts




I also included a couple of these:


08-05-gifts1



I'm sorry, but those are just cute. Cute cute.

Cute.

I remember when I was a little girl, getting one of those tiny jelly jars at the Old Threshers Reunion in Mount Pleasant. I kept it FOREVER (it might still be in with some of my old doll clothes!) So I knew when we got a couple of these with our room service, that we would NOT be using them, and save them for the girls. Unfortunately, they only had 2, so I saved the tiny Tabasco sauce for Cheyenne, who claims she loves really hot food.

I'm sure of course, that I'll get called out for not being equal and fair. Blah blah. Life sucks, you are WELCOME. LOL. :p

Yesterday, their package was shipped off complete with girly-girl backpacks for school and girly-girl dresses bought on sale.

My contribution to the new school year is officially DONE!
:)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails