Thursday, August 6, 2009

ohh.. prettttty

While on a trip some place, or in major photo taking mode, I will usually add another little "assignment" for myself. No idea why I do this, except to just challenge myself and see what I come up with.

I once took a class on photography, and one of our assignments was composition. Well, since I already knew composition, I took my roll of film and also worked on depth of field that week too.

Just because I'm wicked fun like that. :p

So when we went to Colorado, AND I found out there was no way I was going to talk Gene into going on an extra long trip to the wildflower capital of the world. (hmmmmfpt), I started taking tons of flower pictures.

Most were in the wild, a few was in some landscaping and there's even a couple from our hotel. I've included every single flower I took a photo of, except for one. It's ok, it wasn't that noteworthy. There's a lot... soak it in, there's only thistle around here for you to enjoy from this point out :p


08-06-flowers1

I LOVE how the orange just pops out of the purple.




08-06-flowers4






08-06-flowers3






08-06-flowers5






08-06-flowers2

I saw these along side the road, and said "oooh.. those are pretty" and without asking, Gene just stopped along a busy highway so I could snap a few pics. hehe. Good husband!




08-06-flowers6

The 2 on the bottom are blooming cactii. The good news is, we were there the 3 weeks during the year they bloomed. The bad news is, the gnats come along with them. THAT GOT OLD.




08-06-flowers7

Next time we go, yep, we're going to Crested Butte.

Sorry dear.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails