Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wth? What just happened?? He's what??

07-11-tanner3



Today, my lil "baby" turns 16 years old.
That's right, Tanner, who used to be this lil' helper is now my big helper and stands a couple inches taller than me. I'm officially the shortest person in the family!!

I've shared Tanner's birth story before, but because it's is super sweet 16 (LOL) I'm going to share it again!

I have 2 boys.
There's the good one... then there's Tanner.
LOL. JUST KIDDING!!!



05-29-fauna


16 years ago today, well, 16 years ago yesterday evening, I was plenty pregnant. I mean a lot.. I was miserable. So out of the blue, I get this "leak". Now for the record, when you're 8.5 months pregnant, having to pee a lot is not a big shocker. I thought, I didn't make it to the restroom or something. Eventually, I had to change my clothes... THREE TIMES, but still did not put 2 and 2 together.

Soon, I had this pain, but I didn't think anything of it, but I happened to look at the clock and it was 5:11. It came again at 5:22 then again at 5:33. Then around 5:44 I said to myself... "wait a minute.. that's regular" (Thank god it was on the even double numbers because it would have taken me a bit longer to notice lol).

05-04-chickens5


Now for the record, I hadn't finished packing my bag for the hospital, see, Tanner wasn't due for another 3 weeks or so. October 4th if I remember correctly. So I just quietly went upstairs, finished packing my bags, changed my clothes *again* and paid attention to the clock.

I came back downstairs and said to my ex "I think it's time to go to the hospital" and he does NOT BELIEVE ME. LOL. *girls know things btw*. So finally I explain that I think my water might have broke (which fyi, sometimes it's not a big gush of water), and I was having regular pains. So we packed up Seth, who was almost 5 years old, and went to his mom and dad's around the corner.


05-04-band2


The window was down on the car, as it was a nice day, and the windows were open in their house and I heard him say "She thinks she's in labor, but I don't think she is."So off to the hospital we go, and he drops me at the end of the sidewalk to the entrance with my suitcase while he parks. It's a good 75 feet into the building and no where to sit. I'm standing out there on the curb waiting patiently when BAAAAAAAAAAAAAM.... the first big one.

He gets back, we walk in and I think he's starting to believe it now too. Whe get inside and go to admissions. He stumbles around with his words.. "she is.. she thinks.. Umm.. she's..."

I say, "I'm in labor"


04-05-chickens2


They smile, and get a wheelchair, send me down to maternity where ... surprise.... they confirm that I was indeed in labor.

So there.

Around 3:35 in the morning (the same time *I* was born btw) along comes this little screaming bundle of energy. Tanner had to spend an extra week in the hospital, he was jaundice and had a pneumothorax so he had get that cleared up, then the jaundice oh, and he didn't want to eat. And he never stopped being a pain in the butt since day one.

Forever and ever amen.

Oh damn, that's not true. He's a great kid. In fact, I use him as a prime example as proof that I do NOT suck as a parent. Ha HA universe!!



12-9-snowstorm5


He's:

  • Pretty quiet
  • but argumentative because duh he's 16
  • Smart
  • pretty cute but I'm biased, but he is cute
  • likes gadets
  • is pretty good at computer stuff
  • likes to build things
  • likes to drive and would love a car for his birthday
  • bhahahah..
  • has to be told occassionally via facebook chat to go to sleep
  • reads my blog almost daily
  • loves animals
  • will clean his room without me asking
  • hates to fold laundry tho
  • does well in school
  • has grow about 9 inches in a year!
  • plays the trumpet
  • has already said he's going to school at NWMSU (local)
  • Has turned out to be a pretty awesome person.

07-11-tanner

11-7-tanner

10-29-braces2

Happy Birthday Peach.
We love you!

now.. get a job dammit. :p

4 comments:

Analee said...

and he has gorgeous teeth! love all your pictures! and your labor story. i'll have to post mine on wednesday. when - my baby turns 3! happy birthday to your baby!

Jamie said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a great one!

Great photos! I really like the one with the chick.

LisaDay said...

Happy belated birthday, Tanner. Sorry to hear you aren't getting a car AND you have to get a job!

LisaDay

Janice Grinyer said...

Happy belated Birthday Tanner!

And the job thing can be fun once you realize they PAY you unlike at home ;P !

Related Posts with Thumbnails