Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Have you hugged your feathered friend (pest) today?

Bird commentary


Every time I go outside, there's always a few birds hanging out on this light pole. Squawking away, making social commentary on every move I make.

"You're doing it wrong!"
"You're not moving fast enough."
"That is the ugliest shirt ever."

It's like a mean sister-in-law or mother-in-law (that I don't have!!!) that follows you around *all. the. time.*

In other bird news, the chickens went on another field trip yesterday. All 18 of them. I even left them alone for a while. They loved it. Loved it so much that I had a rogue chicken that wouldn't come inside. I had to wait for Gene to get home to help me wrangle it. I'm going to brand it and name it "KFC".

And while I'm on a rant... I'm officially tired of the 6:30 a.m. duck alarm clock. They are in my living room, and when Gene gets up for work, they squawk their heads off wanting fed and watered. Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. *insert disgusted look*

So this morning I was up by 7:45 and went to town to buy more duck food. Which reminds me, I really need to get up and do my errands early as there was barely a soul out there.

I totally get the saying "up with the chickens" now... only chickens = ducks.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You are so funny.
Humm who wanted the ducks LOL.

Mz-Cellaneous said...

DOH!

*hanging head in shame*

Related Posts with Thumbnails