If you are squeemish, there's a snake picture below.
I warned you cuz I'm nice. :p
A few things notable or not, have happened over the past few days:
- The weather sucked over the weekend. It hailed even for a bit. Rained almost the entire time, so it ruined our plan to finish the coop enough to get the chickens in it.
- So we did the next best thing, we went antquing:
Gene played along with the tie. Kinda.
- He also thinks that this guy looks like someone famous you know. Take a guess. (hint: he's a president)
- I have decided to try to give up diet coke again. I had quit once for several years, but took it up again, I don't remember why. I do believe that it is not healthy, and can cause problems that I don't want. Plus, just reducing it to one a day, has caused me to not have as much heartburn. Sweet! Water, you and I will be friends soon.
- There's a cow living up the road that is skunk flavored. Not by scent, but by color. Complete with a stripe all the way down the back, to the tip of the tail.
I want it.
- Tanner went to St. Louis with his band over the weekend. He didn't take the expensive camera he bought for just such occasions. Does. Not. Compute.
I had to pick him up at 1:30 in the morning. Actually, he txted me at 11 p.m. to say they just got to KC, and I said "screw that!" and went to bed. Unfortunately, so did he. He fell asleep on the bus so I didn't get any advance notice that he was near home.
I appreciate the teachers hanging out with him an extra 20 min while I got into town to get him.
- Guess who is back:
- I didn't think the robins would come back this year since I bugged them so much, but slowly they are rebuilding the nest.
- We picked up our second Angel Food this weekend. Looks like some interesting stuff again. This time I bought a second set for Seth. Since he's 20 and living with several other guys. I figured he'd appreciate something besides Ramen and Mac and Cheese.
- Gene bought me some Paula Deen cookware a couple weeks ago. All of it... in turquoise, my new favorite color. He picked up the dutch oven that I REALLY wanted and we've used it twice. Dutch ovens are awesome stuff. Get one!
- I spent a good chunk of my day working on paperwork and organizing the file cabinet. Something I've needed to do for like 3 years. Really. I'm not done but 80% there if you don't consider the box of files under Tanner's bed. I'm thinking about 90% of that will go in the trash since I obviously have not needed it for so long.
- I found this in the trash pile the other day as I was trying to sort and get things thrown away/composted/burned:
Scared me too!
Spiders are worse. I'm ok if I see it before it sees me.
- I'm so tired still from last night, I'm feeding 4 ducks and 18 chickens and going to bed!