Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Christmas Carnage


Something I've been itching to do for a WEEK is to drag out every single christmas present, assess what we have, sort, make a list of what's needed and possibly wrap some gifts.

{I'm *planning* on mailing gifts early and often this year}

Carnage.
Utter, undeniable carnage.


I need a system that helps me keep track better of what I have bought and what I need to buy. As usual, I've overbought for those that are too easy to buy for, and underbought for those that I have a hard time buying for.

I still haven't gotten to the point where I write it all down. Well, I tried to start that back in the beginning of the year, but as the bags piled up, I did not keep it up, and what difference does it make when you don't have the list with you while you're shopping eh?

I do think, that I'm very near the bottom of the list. A few things for Gene I wanna get, something more for Seth (only the hardest 19 year old on the planet to buy for), Gene's brothers and I think I'm done, except for maybe a couple gift cards.

Yes, I know, last year I vowed to buy gift cards for everyone for christmas, then I ended up getting mom, Amber and Lori for christmas and well frankly, they're too easy to buy for. I'll go back to gift cards when I get stuck with Darrell and Cole again. {worse than seth!}

I'm still in my pj's, but I got up early today. Much left to get done. At the top of the list is now cleaning up the mess that is my living room. I think I'll save wrapping for later. I have to get labels first - which will probably be homemade ones.
Pay bills
Catch up on emails
Work on some xmas gifts
burn some CD's

Edit some photos

I was planning on a trip to storage but I don't think I can handle more carnage today. Maybe one small load as I pass through town later.
bleh

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails