Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

In my attempt to remember that November is not JUST the preamble to Christmas (although I do admit that I brought home christmas paper yesterday so that I could start wrapping presents - no lie), I decided to share on each Thursday of November (well, cuz Thanksgiving is a thursday der) for all the things I am thankful for.

I am thankful for:
1. Finding Gene and having someone in my life that really cares about "taking care" of me, although I really don't need to be taken care of.
2. That I have great kids that don't get into trouble. My #1 goal has always been to get them through school drug free, not in jail and not a father. Almost there.
3. That in this time of economic crisis in our country, that we are doing "OK", have a home that we can afford, that's WARM (with a new foundation) and that even if we both had to work min wage jobs, we could make it ok.
4. That I begrudgingly have a freezer stocked with meat (thanks Dear), so if there was no job, we would still be able to eat for at least a month.
5. That I have true friends that are always there for me. (Linda and Stacy I'm looking at you)
6. That I have my health, my sight, my hearing, the ability to walk (heck run if I had to lol), etc. When I get down on myself over something like weight loss - I try to remind myself that I have it better than a lot of ppl.
7. That I have a creative side. ie: Scrapbooking and photography. Life would not be complete without a little creativity.

I have more. I could go on for hours, but instead, I'll just save those for next Thursday!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails