Several years ago, I made this album with a different subject. I decided that I really didn't like it anymore, and I wanted something with the girls in the tutu I made so I remade the album into something I'm much happier with.
The book was made with five 8 x 10 canvases from Dick Blick art supply. They are pretty inexpensive. You can also get them at Michaels or Hobby Lobby. They might have them at Wal-mart too.
I then drilled holes in the sides with my paper drill, but you could use a regular drill if you wanted. Go slow! I then used really large eyelets to fill the holes. I get those at walmart in the sewing section, they are 1/4". Not required, but I figured it would make them last longer. I then painted the front of each canvas (because what's the point if you just cover it with paper!), and the back of each had a paper covering with a name plate, etc on it. I covered all that with paper from Rob and Bob I think.
You'll have to use glue dots to put pics on the canvas side but your regular (good) adhesive will be fine on the back sides.
I then put it all together with book rings, tied ribbons to the rings and viola. An album! I have one I want to make similar out of old chalk boards I picked up from Hodge Podge about a year or so ago. I also have some old filing separations with metal tabs that I'm going to use too.
It's 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. It's raining cats and dogs. I should be in bed but I wanted to upload this album. I have another page to share probably Monday, and some fun stuff we did today! + pics!